Runners are a highly vulnerable group of people to different injuries. Runners are professional athletes which take part in running games such as racing. When they get injured, they try to find the best and less expensive solution for pain relief. They usually use painkiller pills, supplements, and eventually surgeries but the pain will stay with them for a long time. Recent researches have shown that CBD Oil might be very effective in pain relief in is a big reason for runner’s ever-growing interest in CBD. CBD might be very useful for runners due to its strong pain-relieving properties. In this article, we are going to discuss with you some benefits of using CBD Oil for runners from a Pain-relieving perspective.
Benefits of using CBD for Pain relief by runners
For those who don’t know what is CBD Oil, it is a chemical extract of the hemp (cannabis) plant and completely non-toxic. CBD Oil doesn’t produce high effects because it is completely non-psychoactive. Now, we will discuss the role of CBD Oil in relieving pain. CBD Oil relieves pain by interacting with bodies Endocannabinoid system. The Endocannabinoid system is an additional immunological system present throughout the body in the form of receptors. There are two kinds of receptors present in the Endocannabinoid System, CB1 receptors and CB2 receptors. Both these receptors regulate some very important functions of the body. CB1 most responsible for the regulation of mood, memory, and hunger while CB2 receptors are responsible for pain reception by CNS (Central Nervous System) and immunological responses such as inflammation.
So, it is CB2 receptors that are responsible for pain regulation. CBD Oil reacts with these receptors and induces changes in them. As a result of these changes, CB2 receptors start relieving pain. This mechanism is proved by different independent research studies throughout the world.
For example, according to a recent research study, CBD Oil is very helpful in reducing pain in the joints of rats. Thousands of researches are ongoing to investigate the effects of CBD Oil on the body’s pain reception system.
· Benefits of using CBD Oil for Pain relieving:
CBD Oil provides different benefits, for example,
- It is a natural pain reliever that has the ability to improve the injury healing process for runners. A large number of runners have reported that they are feeling better with their pain after applying CBD Oil on their injuries.
- CBD Oil reduces anxiety which significantly increases the performance of runners.
- CBD Oil is very helpful in improving sleep which helps runners in running fast.
- CBD Oil has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which reduces inflammation on injuries in any part of the body. CBD Oil also reduces inflammation in Diabetes.
- CBD improves Cardiovascular health and promotes bone growth as well.
· Why CBD Oil is getting more and more popular among runners?
CBD Oil getting more and more popular among runners due to its strong pain-relieving properties. Runners are now keeping it with them as a part of their first aid box. According to recent research done on runners, approximately 65% of runners have reported positive results after applying CBD Oil on their injuries. They have reported that their pain was started disappearing after 1 hour of applying CBD Oil on their injury site. After this research, there are more studies now around its usage. People now have started predicting that one day CBD Oil will grab the place of painkillers and other pain-relieving supplements.
How to take CBD Oil for Pain relief?
There are three major ways of taking CBD Oil for pain relief. We will discuss all these three ways in detail.
- Sublingual Drops: In this method, 4-5 drops of CBD Oil are placed under the tongue. It is a very useful way of reducing inflammation and pain in all parts of the body. CBD Oil through this method is used for improving sleep and mood also.
- Cream: CBD Oil containing creams are available now in the markets. Cream is used for relieving pain at a particular site of the body. You will apply cream to that part body where you want to reduce pain. For example, if you want pain relief in your knee, you will only apply CBD cream at the knee.
- Lotion: CBD Lotion is the same as cream but it is more mobile and its application is very much easy than Cream.
What is the best time for runners to take CBD Oil?
- Take it at night before sleeping: Taking the CBD Oil at night before sleeping is the best time for runners because it will not only relieve pain but also improve sleep. So, the runners will get two benefits in this way.
- Use it before Exercise or workout: Using CBD Oil before exercise or workout will increase your stamina and it will help you in your workout also. Researches have shown that using CBD Oil before long runs or workouts can improve the performance of runners.
From the above discussion, we can conclude that CBD Oil might be very effective for runner in pain relief due to its interaction with bodies endocannabinoid system receptors. It has the ability to relieve pain in almost all parts of the body. The runners can take it in different ways such as in the form of lotion or cream. The runners can take it sublingually by placing 4-5 drops under the tongue. It will automatically dissolve with saliva and enter into body’s bloodstream.
Thank You Very Much for Reading This Article!